Before I get into everything, I wanted to do some quick housekeeping. If you’re enjoying everything you’re seeing here on Baking In Bucks, please follow us on Instagram and Facebook and Pinterest. Additionally, if you really love what you’re seeing, I will be posting exclusive recipes for supporters on Patreon for all supporters in the newsletter and videos for King Pin supporters. Finally, I have created a Recipe Index listing all published recipes for easy access.
Now that housekeeping is done, let me tell you about why my fiance just looked at my computer and said “I love you. So much. I love you.” He doesn’t love me, he really loves Deviled Eggs.
Somehow I have leftover mayo, a bunch of eggs in my fridge and someone told me that I can use my Instant Pot to make hard-boiled eggs. I mean why am I just finding this out? Place the eggs on a rack in the Instant Pot and not placed directly on the bottom of the pot. Lets just say, the clean up was not ideal. Also, remember to take them out when the timer goes off, otherwise they will continue to cook in the heat and you will get a grey ring around your yolks.
Most people seem to have a jar of store bought mayo in their fridge. But I have this thing where I don’t like store-bought mayonnaise. I have been making mayo since that time I found out what was in store may. when ever I needed it ever since. Last week I needed mayo for egg salad sandwiches and want to use it before it goes bad or I get grossed out by it.
Adding hummus to the deviled eggs gives another dimension to the eggs. You do not need a lot. The texture of the hummus blends with the egg texture and that blends with the mayonnaise. I feel like it helps keep the deviled egg texture from being mush.
It is rare that I will bring these to a party because one of my friends, Maddy, has making these down to a science. Hers are delightfully sinister, mine are just a bit mischievous. But, I do have a carrier for them which makes storing them easier.
Hummus Deviled Eggs
- Instant Pot Ultra
- Immersion Blender
- Piping bag with optional wide tip.
Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Water
Mayo – Makes about 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oil Any oil will due. I used a mix of Olive Oil and Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard Course Grain
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Spices to taste
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Hummus
- 1/2 tsp Paprika plus more for dusting
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In the Instant Pot, cook the eggs with 1 cup of water for 8 minutes on the egg setting.
- To make the mayo, in a tall container combine Oil, Egg, Salt, Pepper, Mustard and seasoning. Using an Immersion Blender, contain the egg yolk under the blender and blend everything together until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- When Eggs cool, remove shells. Slice in half long wise and pop yolk into a bowl placing the whites on a dish.
- To the yolks, add 1/2 cup mayonnaise, hot sauce, hummus, paprika and salt and pepper. Mix to combine breaking up the yolks and making smooth.
- Pipe, or spoon, filling into egg whites.
This post contains affiliated links. In the event you buy the item linked, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.